Friday 4 July 2014

We're Back From Africa!!

We're back from Africa, and my heart, mind...and diary, are bursting with vivid memories.




Okay, let's go....
June 18th...
Amazing! That's the word that comes to my mind the most when I think of what I've lived through in the last several days. Awhile back, when people started asking me if I was excited, I hardly knew what to say, but as the days crept closer and closer to departure date, that changed.There were so many things to do, so many decisions to make, that yes, I was definitely getting excited! It was great being able to spend time with newly weds Dan and Chris in Edmonton. He's our son! And Christine is the very lovely bride he chose. They graciously put us up for the night even though their apartment is small and they  purchased an air mattress  for our use without a word of complaint!

I don't know HOW many times we had to show out passports in the next two weeks, but aim to find out.
Have you ever been to the Heathrow Airport near London, England?! That is an experience in itself! It was absolutely teeming with people from what felt like absolutely everywhere! But my, were the Britishers pleasant and helpful!  And would you believe, in all that orderly mob we actually met and chatted with someone we KNEW from our church who lived in Saskatchewan??!!

I'm so sorry this is so short and rushed. My home computers were hacked so I have to snatch a few minutes here and there to get anything written when I get a chance to get to the library. Right now I really want to add some pictures to this to perk it up before I run out of time.  But stay tuned; I have heaps more to write about.
Until next time..

No comments: